Tuesday 4 December 2012

Frank Turner 1-12-12

Keep meaning to post more, but spend most of my time either doing work or stressing out about work I'm not doing so it just isn't happening right now, sorry!

Anywho, on Saturday I went to see Frank Turner in my hometown. Sixth time seeing him, already looking forward to the next time hehe. Photos are crappy as I only took my phone, so added some extras from xtramilerecordings.

First band was Jim Lockey & the Solemn Sun, who were actually really good.


Also Frank joined onstage with a bunch of other people all dressed in animal suits for Home/Hospitals (little video I found here).


Tempted to get a ticket to their local show in February since it'll be after my exams!

Next up was Tim Barry.


Unfortunately I missed a chunk of his set as I needed some water and the queue was huge. What I heard was good but same-y. I'd only heard one song of his before on the Try This At Home split. Elvis ended up joining in for the finale.


Wat.

And Frank was better than ever!


Really good mix of songs including some real oldies (sadly the setlist isn't up anywhere I can find).


Super happy to hear Casanova Lament live and a large amount of people singing all the words even though it was a b-side track.


Less happy about the guy who stood directly in front of me who must have been almost 7 feet tall who didn't even clap the whole time. You sir, are an asshole. Also as I discovered later, the harmonica-toting elephant who joined the stage for I Still Believe was none other than Emily Barker.

No gigs now until March (Biffy Clyro), unless I find something cool local or if anyone buys me Gaslight Anthem tickets...hehe.

And sadly missed out on International Lolita Day as plans just seemed to fall through. And missing the meet this week as it moved day and I just can't make it due to family commitments, which is a pain in the butt as I really miss lolita (it just isn't practical for every-day wear anymore) and I'd picked out an outfit already (took extra effort as it's a classic-themed meet and I had to get creative since my wardrobe is so sweet).

No comments:

Post a Comment