Friday 18 January 2013

Lolita 52 Challenge: Week 2

~5 movies for Lolitas~

I realise I already did one this week, but it's already the third week of the year so I have a bit of catching up to do! Plus my exam that was supposed to be today has been postponed and I slipped over and got snowballs thrown at my head when I left the house, so I'm stuck indoors with nothing to do (and the roads aren't safe, so my boyfriend can't come see me =[)
  1. Kamikaze Girls/Shimotsuma Monogatari. The obvious one, but I do really love this movie. I can relate to Momoko really well, even though she isn't an entirely likeable character. Probably everyone reading this has watched it already, but if not, it's about a lone lolita who ends up reluctantly becoming friends with a yanki. Also I recommend reading the novel, it's one of my favourite books!


  2. Marie Antoinette. The costumes in this are just gorgeous, that's pretty much the only reason I like this movie! Well, and I love Kirsten Dunst as an actor too. Lots of rococo decadence and cakes!


  3. Interview with the Vampire. Sticking with Kirsten here! I figured I'd put something in this list that would appeal to the darker among you. Back before vampires sparkled, and let's face it Brad Pitt is much better eyecandy than Robert Pattinson.


  4. The Dutchess. More fantastic costumes! Although I've only watched this one once as there are some scenes I was really uncomfortable with, so trigger warning for this one.


  5. Ella Enchanted. Okay, the book is much better. But who doesn't love a cutesey girly fantasy story? Plus it has Anne Hathaway in it, as a girl who must be obedient.

Does anyone have any other good suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen Kamikaze Girls but I keep meaning too!
    lovely post!
    x<3

    ReplyDelete