Friday 31 January 2014

Lolita Blog Carnival: 1 Piece, 4 Seasons

This week's Lolita Blog Carnival sees us picking one piece and coordinating it for each of the four seasons!

I had a hard time picking a piece for this topic, but I decided to go with Day Dream Carnival since I've not coordinated (or even tried it on) it yet. Also I think a skirt allows for more flexibility in terms of coordination!


Sorry they're just chucked out, I have no space to model them unfortunately. Also no accessories out as they'd be difficult to see (plus they're scattered goodness knows where thanks to my mother).

Spring


Spring is a good chance to bust out sheer fabrics and cute little socks! Floral accessories are good for giving a feeling of spring, as are light flowing fabrics á la cult party kei.

Summer


For hot Summer days, a cute cutsew and no socks! Minimal accessories and lighter shades keep you cool. Why not use a parasol too if you are sensitive to sun? A big bag is essential so you can take along a light cardigan, sun lotion, and plenty of water to keep hydrated! A sun hat would be ideal, but unfortunately I do not have one.

Autumn


Autumn can be cold and wet, so a hoodie or jacket and thick OTKs are a good idea. Boots are great for crunching through piles of leaves!

Winter


Thick fluffy jacket, boots, tights, and layer it up! I like to wear long-sleeved tops underneath my blouses as I get very cold. Stash away extra layers such as gloves and scarves in your bag, along with a flask of tea or hot chocolate to keep toasty.

I made a video post trying out each of these outfits too!


So that's how I'd coord a piece for different seasons! What would you do differently?



Bloody Tea PartyBreidholtElegant PoupéeHelado de CerezaElectric CarouselNew Vogue ChildrenNorthern StarPoppy NoirPretty Little HabitsVanillas TraumfabrikWearable Magic

3 comments:

  1. The spring outfit is interesting, I'd actually like to see it on. And I love the winter one, is so fluffy and cute, like cotton candy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just added a video version of this post wearing each of the outfits. I think it looks better worn that I had imagined it would!

      Delete
  2. I love the DDC in the black color way! These are super cute coords you put together. I like that we both choose to do a casual summer coord.

    ReplyDelete