Friday 2 January 2015

Lolita Blog Carnival: How I've Changed In Lolita Over The Last Year

This year I have definitely noticed a shift in my lolita style, and so I thought now would be a good time to get back on the Lolita Blog Carnival!

While I haven't worn lolita very much, there has definitely been a shift in purchases from pastel colours and supersweet prints to darker, more mature colours. In fairness, this change occurred more last year, but it definitely became more pronounced this year. And I finally got my hands on some Juliette et Justine this year!

The easiest way I can show this is by showing my outfits from the two big events of the year.


For Enchanted back in April I wore the most OTT sweet piece I own. Lots of pastels and cloyingly sweet! Everything matched with pink, all the time.


Fast forward to September's Revelry and darker colours reign. Still sweet style, but more carefully chosen accessories.

I'm not pleased with either of these outfits to be honest, and I plan to rework both in future. Who knows, maybe I'll show more changes when I wear those pieces again!



Alice In LolitalandBloody Tea PartyCandied DreamsKingdom Of Frilly MagicMy Life's LibrettoOh VelveteenaReverie et CreationSweet ExpeditionVanilla & Licorice

No comments:

Post a Comment