Thursday 26 November 2015

Frank Turner 21/11/15

On Saturday I was able to attend the sold out Frank Turner show in Bristol. It's been a fair while since I last saw a full band show, and after a disappointing solo gig at Reading I wasn't feeling much hype. My worries were completely unfounded however, and I only wish I hadn't taken so many mornings overtime or I'd have happily gone again on the Sunday! But I was just too tired.

The first act of the evening was Will Varley. We were seated at that point so I didn't get any good pictures, but some the lyrics made me laugh out loud and I'd definitely check him out again. Reminded me a little of Mumford & Sons, only actually interesting to listen to.


Next up were Skinny Lister, who I had missed at Reading due to clashes. They were also really good, and the double bass player even crowd surfed while still playing! This is the second band I've seen with an energetic double bass player now. I'm really impressed at how people can throw those around the stage and make it look effortless.


And then Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls!


Obligatory selfie during Polaroid Picture.


The show was brilliant, and we managed to get quite close to the front!


On this occasion, the setlist was actually too long to post my usual screenshot. Was such a good setlist, despite obviously having more new songs than older ones. The only let down was Eva Mae as the fan request really (I'd have wanted Smiling At Strangers On Trains). You can see the setlist HERE.

I was gutted that I couldn't go to the second show on the Sunday, but hopefully the wait for the next tour won't be too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment