Thursday 31 March 2016

BMC: 200+ Custom Piece!

So you may or may not know, but Black Milk Clothing has a kind of loyalty scheme where you get rewards when you hit certain milestones. For 50 pieces, you get a voucher. For 100 pieces, you either get another voucher, a shooter, or a Pop Art piece (this is the option I chose). But for 200, 300, 400, etc., you get a custom piece of your choice for free!

I hit 200 pieces back in October, and I already had an idea of what I wanted. Mine ended up arriving on the 30th of March, so the turnover for mine was pretty quick. I know a lot of girls have had to wait much longer though! But my prints were pretty simple, with just one colour change. For bigger changes or completely new prints, I imagine the wait is much longer.


This was the preview I got sent at the beginning of March, to allow for any fixes before it was put into production. One of the first pieces I wanted but missed out was the Cotton Candy Corn Skater Skirt, so I knew that had to be one side. I had toyed with a galaxy for the other side, but at the end of the day tartan is kind of my jam. So I went for the Tartan Punk print, but in pink to match the unicorn side. And obviously, it had to be an IOD...I mean, I own all the other ones that have been released so far haha.


I was so excited when it turned up! It's so perfect!


I also got a cute note from loads of the staff members, complete with confetti and My Little Pony stickers! And a polaroid and BM stickers.


I think the Cotton Candy Corn side is my favourite, although it's less flattering. I was worried about it being a bit too girly for me, but I guess unicorns are pretty badass, even if they are pastel.


Tartan on the IOD cut is always so flattering, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of this side too.

I'm so so happy with it! The only downside is that it is slightly too big as I went with the S as usual, but I do that to allow for layering underneath in the colder months. Other than that, it's absolutely perfect! Now I'm being naughty and planning my 300 customs already...only 60 more pieces to go, which is pretty terrible! I need to save money for a house! Naughty me.

No comments:

Post a Comment